Monday 7 July 2014

New Double Mask Duo

I know I'm not alone in my love of face masks. My Sunday night routine is a bubble bath and a double mask session, so I'm always on the lookout for a winning combo. I decided to take advantage of my lovely staff discount (thank you Lauder group) and try some of Origins' offerings.
My skin is very extreme combination. Really oily T-zone but REALLY dry cheeks. So I like to double mask to take care of everything I've got going on - generally a purifying or exfoliating mask, followed by a moisture mask.
I've been looking at Origins masks for a while but I finally settled on  Clear Improvements to clear and Drink Up to moisturise. Girlish glee took over when my order arrived- don't think I've ever been so keen to wash my face.


Starting with Clear Improvements- it's described as an active charcoal mask to clear pores. The texture was surprisingly light - I was expecting the thick, clay type texture of most cleaning masks so I was pleasantly surprised by the light, very smooth texture. I started with a thin layer for my first try and must say a little went a long way. It only took around ten minutes to dry, didn't feel at all tight or uncomfortable which is not the norm for me. Easy rinse off as well, leaving lovely, clean feeling skin underneath. The next day I really do feel my skin looked brighter and healthier. I'm super impressed with this!


I then moved on to Drink Up. Now first off the smell of this is DELICIOUS. The mask has lovely Apricot Kernel Oil in it and you can tell: yum. This one was a nice consistency as well- not too thick to feel as though as it's just sitting on the skin. It's recommended you leave the mask for 10 minutes to soak in. Call me crazy, but I like to leave a moisture mask on until I feel like it's soaked in. I know. Rebel without a cause. An episode of Sex and the City was all it took to get to just having a slightly shiny face, so a quick rinse (followed by a dab of Advanced Night Repair out of habit) and that was it. Must say that my skin felt very nourished and plumped up. Basically everything you could want form a moisture mask.

I'm loving this new combo- could become a regular Sunday night treat!
Do you double mask? What are your favourite combos?

No comments:

Post a Comment