200ml tub of whipping cream (this volume may be wrong...not a teeny one!)
Tin of condensed milk
2 large lemons
Few drops of yellow food colouring (optional!)
15(ish) digestive biscuits
2 tablespoons golden syrup
Greased round tin- preferably one with a loose bottom.
Optional: device to watch Extra Slice whilst you bake
1. Crush the biscuits. I use a rolling pin, you can use a food processor if you want extra washing up and a ridiculously smooth base. I've said 15 but I used 18 for this one and no one died...you can determine your own base thickness!
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup over a medium heat. Then stir it into the crushed biscuits. If it's still crumbly, melt more butter and syrup until it'll hold a shape. Transfer into the tin and flatten to make your base. Pop in the fridge to set whilst you make your topping.
3. Whip the cream until it's really quite firm- like past the soft peaks stage and into damn I've over whipped this. You'll be adding a lot of liquid later!
4. Zest and juice the two lemons. Add the juice, the condensed milk and a wee drop food colouring to the cream. And whip again.
5. Stir in the lemon zest until it's evenly distributed. If you whip it it'll all get stuck to the beaters so just use a spoon!
6. Spread the topping evenly over the base and put back into the fridge to set. Lick all spoons and bowls and marvel in the speediness of this pudding!
What's your favourite pudding? Are you enjoying the bake off this year?